Sunday, 2 February 2014

Journal - January



I kicked of the year documenting all the pleasantries of each day that went by in the most creative way that I could think of, but this quickly became a challenge. The more I attempted to be artistic, the more time it took. I found myself filling out whole weeks at a time, trying to catch up. 




I knew it was getting rediculous, but kept telling myself 'I've got this far, so I should keep going'. There came a point where I had to recognise that I was turning something which was supposed to be recreational and freeing into just another source of pressure. Do you ever find yourself doing that?

The aim was simply to keep a journal, focusing mostly on the positives and making it in some way 'artistic', so frequency shouldn't really be that important. 



I began January feeling happier and more hopeful than I have ever felt, exactly how you'd like to begin a new year. Throughout the month things have got a lot tougher, but I am determined to keep this journal as a means by which I can reflect on the positive moments. 



I've actually found that once you start looking for and documenting them, there's that many small blessings in life it's hard to keep track. It may well take me another month to scribble them all out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...