Sunday, 1 September 2013

From the Heart


This afternoon I decided to do a quick illustration to accompany an upcoming post. The sketch was poor and the painting did not improve it at all, so it was resigned to the bin. I was left with a blob of purple gouache paint in my palette which I didn't want to waste. So I just started to make shapes and write words, and out came one of the greatest desires of my heart right now. 


There is so much pressure on young people to grow up fast and to emulate the images that they see in the media. Sometimes I wish I could do more to encourage them just to be who they are. 


I then went a little pen-crazy over it writing extensions of the first phrase. I think that Art-journalling workshop may have rubbed off on me! 


I hope you are having a lovely Sunday.




1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful post - love this!!
    Much love,
    B

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...