Friday, 6 September 2013

30-Day Self-Portrait Challenge: A Reflection

 

Well, the 30-Day Self-Portrait Challenge was very challenging indeed! It was so hard to post every single day, even though it only needed to be a photo. Posting photos of myself on the blog is something I have been quite fearful of. This helped me to get over that a bit because I had to post some pictures of myself that I wasn't really happy with in order to avoid failing the challenge. However, whilst I like that it has pushed me to be braver and blog more frequently, I think the thing that it taught me most is quality over quantity. It has reminded me that it is perhaps better not to blog often if you aren't feeling particularly inspired or passionate about something. I don't want to be posting things half-heartedly onto the bloggersphere just so that there are less days between entries, then look back and cringe. So forgive me if I wait a little while between posts, it will be because I don't want to blog unless It's because I have something I want to say or show.

I am still working on the Fat Mum Slim August Photo a Day challenge at the moment too, if you don't want to wait until the end of the month to see the round-up then you can follow me on Twitter @KatiesCreative I'm usually tweeting about something or other most days lately. 

How do you feel about blog challenges?

Do you have a favourite photo from my 30 Days?

Are you comfortable about posting photos of yourself? 


2 comments:

  1. I never started the September FMS photo a day challenge, ahah oops.

    Ps do you play the guitar? I was tempted to buy a ukulele off amazon the other day! ha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still so impressed that you did that - I never do great with challenges like that.
    Much love,
    B

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...