Sunday, 7 July 2013

Perfume Sampling

Untitled #9



My current perfume is Very Irresistible Givenchy. I have used this for a number of years and only have a little left of my current bottle. I am at that point we all come to occasionally where we can't decide whether to keep using the same product that's become our signature or shake things up a little. I still like my Givenchy scent, but I also want to try something different and perhaps have a few perfumes that I can alternate between depending on my mood. I find that perfume smells totally different when you first spray it than it does a little later, and this makes it hard to choose one in store. So I decided that I would start by trying some of the samples in my ELLE magazines.

1. See by Chloe.
I was expecting to like this, as I often like the aesthetic of Chloe garments and advertisements. It had a really soft and feminine scent. The smell was coherent with the image of See by Chloe and it made me feel fresh, delicate and pretty whenever I caught a whiff of it. 

2. Flowerbomb by Viktor and Rolf.
Aptly named, as this is a very floral fragrance. The advert with a topless woman on it didn't really appeal to me, and the scent didn't seem to suit me either. It was a very pleasant fragrance, yet more like one I would associate with a friend who was a little bolder, rather than one I would wear myself. I did even begin to wonder if a friend of mine has this already. 

3. Jour d'hermes by Hermes Paris.
A very sweet and girly fragrance, it almost smelt of sherbet. This wasn't as noticeable as I had hoped (perhaps it needs more than the sample), but it was very pleasant. I liked it a lot more than Flowerbomb, though still preferred See by Chloe. 

4. Alien by Thierry Mugler.
The advert shows a woman looking bold and strong, the scent also fits that description (though I barley noticed it after a few hours). It was very floral and seemed better suited to a more mature woman. 

5. Euphoria by Calvin Klein.
The first thing I noticed about this one is that it smelt like a fashion magazine. Or like the perfume department in a large store. I decided that because of this it must be quite a classic scent, and perhaps even a timeless one. It didn't make as much of a good impression on me as Jour d'hermes or See by Chloe did though. 

6. Angel by Thierry Mugler.
Like with Flowerbomb and it's neighbour Alien, the advert presented a woman who I couldn't relate to, so I probably wouldn't have picked it up in a shop. However, I was pleasantly surprised. This has a very flowery scent but it's also spicy too. On first impression is reminiscent of  Pot Pourri. As it settles, it becomes a really lovely fragrance.

I am still undecided about what perfume I want to buy and would like to sample a few more. However, If I had to choose between these six scents, it would be See by Chole and Angel by Thierry Mugler that came out on top.

I hope you're having a lovely weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...