Sunday, 26 May 2013

Ooh La La!


Today I am having one of my favourite lunches to make myself - the ham and cheese croissant. 

Many people speak highly of the ham and cheese toastie. It's quite nice, but I could happily go the rest of my life without eating one. Swap the bread for a croissant however and you've got yourself a very different dish. The croissant brings with it much more flavour, the buttery sweetness really adds something to the plate. 

Maybe it's because I secretly wish I was French, but there's something about the incredibly easy to put together ham and cheese croissant that's luxurious. Perhaps this is why I only make it for myself on days off or weekends. I guess maybe it's because I always spent my holidays in France as a child and whenever we had croissants at my parent's house it was a Saturday morning treat. Until recent years I had never had a savoury croissant, but once I tried this one out I knew it would be one I'd enjoy again and again. 

Next week I won't be at work, and so this is a very special and relaxing kind of weekend for me. I'm stocked up on croissants for the next few days. 

I hope you're enjoying your weekend, whatever you are up to.

Katie x

P.S. I used the new A Beautiful Mess app to create the image for this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...