Saturday, 17 November 2012

Secret Santa

 Hello, sorry it's been a while. I've just finished working on a little project - organising the family Secret Santa. You may remember last year I spoke about the family Secret Santa that we do every year, sharing my wrapping and inspiration with you. The wrapped Secret Santa from last year included a tag for the present.
This year I am organising the Secret Santa. Here are some snaps of the process.





After visiting my grandparents and looking at their old photograph albums, I came up with this idea for the tags. I sought out photos of each member of the family, preferably taken at Christmas, to use on the tags. I stitched them onto card, using a Christmassy colour palette. I think I'm becoming a little obsessed with stitching onto card lately! The photos range from childhoods to recent. I love the fact that people will receive the tag for their Secret Santa recipient, perhaps have a rush of nostalgia remembering when that person looked that way or be surprised because its a photo they've never seen or they never knew that person used to look that way! What I love even more is that after that initial reaction, they will realise that their tag is going to have a photograph on them too, and they won't find out what it is until our meal on Boxing Day!







































Sharing to;

thisweekoncbb1.jpg
www.shabbynest.blogspot.com.png

1 comment:

  1. Lovely tags, I just love the stitched cardboard :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...