Sunday, 20 May 2012

Ombre Hair

I am considering the possibility of going ombre. 
For me, this would be a huge change, as I am not very adventurous with my hair.
www.confessionsofafashionwhore.tumbler.com

When I was about 11 I decided to have my hair cut short. Occasionally, when styled well and after I had discovered eye make-up, it would look nice. Most of the time, when I had rushed out to school with no make up and fluffy quickly dried or greasy hair, it wasn't so great. Also, because I was only young, sometimes people would think I was a boy, and that is never nice. 

It took me years to grow my hair long again and though I may go short again some day, I want to hang on to the length for now. For about the last year I have finally been relatively happy with my hair. But when summer is approaching, you just start thinking about beachy hair don't you?

Laura of www.voiletbellasworld.blogspot.ca

Blonde is so great for summer, but I like my natural brunette now and so I wouldn't want to go totally blonde. Blonde highlights = been there, done that, it took forever to grow them out and I prefer my hair without. But obmre appeals to me. If I found I hated it, it wouldn't be too hard to fix, right? - I could always have it cut into a bob, which people often say would suit me.

www.nicoleta.me

I wouldn't be looking for an obvious dip-line look, I would want it done in a more subtle way. My natural blondish highlights which come out in the summer may help this. I just love the care-free feel that ombre hair evokes.


Emma from www.foodcomablog.com

One of the main things holding me back though, is this;
Can ombre hair work with all styles, for all occasions?

In all the looks I have seen, there is a boho / hippie feel or an alternative grunge feel.
I border on these styles a little, but also often go for basics or dressed up looks with blouses, tailored trousers and shirts.
Would it work with an office look? With a suit jacket?

However, Emma's outfits shown above are quite close to what I wear, and I have straight hair too.

Then there's the fact my boyfriend would probably hate it.

Help me out here guys, what do you think?

Katie x

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - I love it! Especially the first photo. I think it is a fun look that isn't too out there so you'll be okay at work (maybe new hair with the new job?! That could be fun!)
    Much love,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it! I really wanted it done but I've come to terms with the fact that my hair is probably too dark for it to look right - so I'm going to live vicariously through you ok!? :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...