Friday, 6 April 2012

Feel-good swapping


A few weeks ago I went to my friend Lora's house for a clothes and accessories swap.
A while ago Lora had a jewelry swap which was very enjoyable, and ever since I had been thinking of organizing a swap of all accessories (shoes, bags etc in addition to jewelry) but kept putting it off. Then Lora invited me to one! 

I already had an 'accessories to swap / give away' bag from a clear-out that had just been sitting in my room for ages, and I went for a quick second round clear-out before the swap. I find that it always helps to go back a second time when clearing out to rid yourself of a few of those 'maybe i'll still wear it' pieces. I grabbed a few clothes which I knew also need to go. 

It was great fun. I got rid of loads of things and gained some freebies.
Its well worth getting involved in one. It's good to see that other people like the items you no longer want and they can have them for free, to give a new lease of life by wearing them in a fresh way that suits their own style. A much better fate than sitting in your own drawer never being worn, and taking up much needed space.  

With what was left over, Lora offered the chance for people to take back some of what they had brought, before bagging it all up to donate to a charity shop.

The photo shows the freebies that I came away with. The necklace is not really my thing, but I have been thinking of a red leather style bracelet for ages, and so I got it, removed the pendant and I wear it wrapped around my wrist. I have worn every single one of them on several occasions already - a great result! :)

With Love, 
Katie x


1 comment:

  1. So fun - I think you should give the necklace a try. It looks super cute! Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Easter!
    Much love,
    B

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...