Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Dance Love Sing Live: Nottingham Playhouse

Hello again :)
Sorry I haven't written a post in a short while - this time I have a good reason.

Have you seen my post about the Dance Love Sing Live frame that I made for my lovely friend  Elena, based on the name of one of her songs? - here
Well, Elena asked me to create a set design for her gig at Nottingham Playhouse which happened on Saturday, at which she was selling her newly made EP - Dance Love Sing Live.

Here are a few images of the set design and sketchbook images for a beautiful show which I was glad to be a part of.




The set would have been completely different had I never seen Elena perform her songs before. The whole feel of the set was designed around the feel of her gigs - emotional, intimate, heartfelt and romantic with themes of love, friendship and being broken but picking up the pieces and moving on.


A million pin pricks, many voicemail messages (Elena and I kept missing each others calls) and several hours of sleep depravation later, we had made it.


Elena, her sister Steph and the band put on a great show.
Please watch this video of 3 lovely people: Elena, Steph, and guitarist Ed (who also took the photos in this post - thanks) to see for yourself how good they are.






1 comment:

  1. You're really great even in designing a set! I hope to see more posts of your work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...