Sunday, 25 March 2012

A Week in Outfits








A few weeks ago (yes, I am so slow at getting around to posting, I'm working on that), I challenged myself to do a whole week of outfit photos for a post. This is because I shy away from outfit posts. 
I have still kept my face out of it, mostly because I am always in a rush in the morning and for the best part of the last few weeks I have gone to work without any make up on. Either that, or I have just put a tiny bit of mascara and/or lipgloss on in the car. It's something else that I really need to work on. I found this made me think more about what I was wearing, which sometimes was a good thing, but also some days it made me panic about the prospect of posting an outfit I didn't feel was worthy. But I have posted them anyway.

It's highlighted two main issues;
1. I probably need to start planning outfits in advance. Outfit satisfaction occurs most at fortnightly weekends, when I am not in liverpool with a pre-packed pack and I have time to try on lots of different things. The looks I like get integrated into the weekdays. This also means that, after a small lie in, I use up the whole of sat and sun mornings when I am in Nottingham. 

2. I need to inject some colour into my wardrobe. 
I kind of knew this already. Blues, blacks, whites, browns, beiges and tans. There is practically nothing in my wardrobe that isn't one of these colours, or one pretty close to it. I need to liven things up a bit. 

I will point out though, that this last outfit is one of my favourites.
The dress is one of my most frequently worn items.
It isn't even one I would have picked up myself, a friend saw it when we were at Clothes Show Live and said she thought it would suit me. I wasn't sure, but tried it on, and I am so glad she pointed it out! Its floaty and feminine, with roses (which I love), but not immature, and my friend said it would suit me because I had an 'English Rose' look, which is an incredibly nice thing to say - for those reasons, I always feel good wearing it. 

I have had quite a pleasant weekend, I hope you all have too.
With love, Katie xx

1 comment:

  1. lovely! I'm jealous of the last dress... It looks like the sort of thing I would very much want in my wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...