Thursday, 6 October 2011

Random act of kindness

I work with a lovely lively Brazilian lady called Analia.
She often pops into the office and compliments us and shares her cheery mood with us.
She makes us tea and we give her cakes and biscuits.

Today, when I arrived at work, Analia was in the car park.
She jumped out of the car, mid hands-free phone call, to give me this cute little package.
'It's a RAOK' she said 'A random act of kindness'
What a wonderful start to a day!



It sat on my desk wrapped until lunch time and i admired the pretty simplicity of the wrapping. I love the thin papery twine and the heart. It has inspired me too because I have often made heart tags and made a hole in the centre, but having the hole at the side looks prettier.

Then at lunch time, i discovered what was waiting inside.....


An adorable knitted phone cosy!
AND it has a pretty stripy fabric lining :)
PLUS my Blackberry fits just right!

The end of my day at the office ended pretty badly when I found I was the only one left in the building and had to lock up and set the alarm for the first time. 
My first attempt was unsuccessful and very noisy, followed by approx 20mins of desperately trying to re-open the door that I mustn't have locked quick enough when the key wouldn't turn.
By the time I had finally locked up without an alarm sounding I was not a happy bunny.

Thank goodness that on the (much later than planned :s) bus I was able to look at my phone and think
 'Aww, didn't the day start well though? What a lovely thing to do'

Thanks Analia!
xx

4 comments:

  1. That is so adorable!!! I love things like that ;)


    Steph at http://mycreativebrightside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helo! I love your style! You have very beautiful pics! I will follow you:)
    Big hug & kiss:)

    http://nikandpic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely thing to do for someone. Sorry your day didn't end better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...