Friday, 1 July 2011

Blogs I Enjoy Reading: Part 2

This post is about;
* Celebrating the blogs I like
* Letting the writers know I enjoy them
* Letting others know they exist - and they may enjoy them too.

I've picked my top 10 and I'm going through them in alphabetical order. As it's very hot weather, I'm tired, and linking takes time, I'm going to write this over 3 posts. That way it won't take you forever to read each post either, so we're all happy :)



4. K FOR KANI
Kani is a young fashion blogger. Her style is very cutesy, but also quite edgy too. She's not afraid to wear bold colours and she knows what to wear them with. The combination of colours, fabric and textures in her outfits are often just right; her looks have a lot of interest but aren't too crazy. Her outfits are very wearable and I like that. She also makes accessories too. Keep up the good work Kani!

5. METHODS OF MODERN LOVE


Remember this photo? The guy next to me in the middle, that's my boyfriend. He's also the author of Methods of Modern Love. The subject matter is quite different from the other blogs on this list. Where I am heavily into craft and food, he is heavily into music, tv and film. His bedroom is a library of entertainment and his knowledge of such things is impressive. He's not been blogging long, but he's got a good writing style and has some good points to make. He is witty and sarcastic, but he gives credit where it's due. He lives a few hours away and I like reading what he writes and feeling closer to him. If you're very into film you will pick up on things others miss, but otherwise you can still enjoy this. Click here to read.



6. SCISSORS & SPATULAS


I'm not sure, but I think it was this bench that made me want to follow Scissors and Spatualas. It's made from the headboard of an old bed that her husband had as a child. What I love most about this blog is the inspiring things that Jen does with furniture. A lot of her projects start with something very cheap or a bit of junk which she turns into something both unique and stunning; I love that. She crafts decorative bits and peices for around the home and shares recipes too.


7. SHE PAPERIE



Suzanne of SHE Paperie designs and creates wonderful stationary. She styles photoshoots, often working with food. Expect to see pretty party decorations, cake displays, lovely notecards and well wrapped gifts over at this blog.


Part 3 coming soon!
Also, I have now reached 21 followers. So, as promised, soon I will be writing about one of you!

4 comments:

  1. You rock! Thank you so much for the feature and your kind words about my site! Readers like you are why I continue to document and share my projects! Thank you!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the positive comments, Katie.
    Your blog is so pretty!

    Methods Of Modern Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so kind...thank you for the lovely blog feature. I'm blushing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much katie! really appreciate your sweet words :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...