Monday, 6 June 2011

Simple Summer Accessorising

On Thursday I am making my way to the Isle of Whight festival. Thinking about festival style has got me embracing earthy hippyish fashion a little more. I have been fond of the romantic style for quite a while too and plaited and flower accessories have often caught my eye in shops. However a lot of the bracelets I have seen recently have made me think 'surely I could just make something like this out of string'. So I did.

I measured a length of string that would wrap around my head once and around my wrist a few times, then cut two more to match. I plaited it and added buttons as I went (just thread the middle strand through a button every now and then and continue...), leaving some extra string at the ends to tie it with.





I'm pleased with how it turned out.
First off the idea was to make this for the festival, but I have since decided on what clothes to take and its quite a dark colour scheme. So I won't be taking it with me, but I'll surely be wearing it with other outfits to add a little homemade touch of romantic hippie to my summer outfits.

Peace out! x

Linking to...

The Shabby Nest



6 comments:

  1. Is this the dawning of the age of Aquarius?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bracelet - turned out great!
    Much love,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute DIY idea xx

    http://thegypsyandthefox.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute! I love it in your hair

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really like this..i need start working on my diy project..being lazy..thanks for motivation:)
    http://flysongbird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...