Wednesday, 13 April 2011

Spring Windows

When the Spring/Summer collections hit the shops it's so much more eventful and noticeable than when the Autumn/Winter ones do. It must be because people get so excited about the arrival of summer and being able to wear pretty dresses and shoes and not having to just pile on the layers. I've found this means some lovely displays, designed to get you thinking of walks in the park and picnics on the beach and whisking yourself off on holiday. On the one hand it's just cruel sales tactics, but on the other it's lovely inspiring windows to put you in a cheery spring mood.

So, I have decided to compile a top 5 of the best shop window displays I have seen to start the season. Here we go...


NO. 5 : JOHN LEWIS
I love the flowery grass sofas!


NO. 4 : TOPSHOP
I love the brights against white idea and the backdrop. I also like that it's different because it's not going for the obvious use of flowers.



NO. 3 : HOUSE OF FRASER
A perhaps predictable spring garden look, but its very well done. I love the piles of rustic crates, terracotta pots of flowers and the wall print background.

NO. 2 : MONSOON
These dresses totally stand out as a much stronger silhouette than all the clothes in every other window. It really grabs your eye as you walk past and makes you stop in awe of their 'fifties icon' presence. Then you step back a little and notice that the backdrop to these dresses is an equally beautiful photo, and the whole thing is framed in pretty flowers.



NO. 1 : MARKS AND SPENCERS HOME
I don't even know where to start. It's just gorgeous, beautifully arranged domestic bliss. The open cook book page effect (genius) is done as a double spread in the Chester city centre shop window where I first saw this. These pictures are taken in Nottingham (England), as are all of the above.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Katie

8 comments:

  1. These are great! I love looking at window displays, I wish we had more aound the area where I work. When I lived in other cities I loved walking by them everyday. They can be so inspirational!

    Thanks for stopping by the other day. Loving the look of your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog & its amazing :) stop by my blog & follow me, I'm following u.


    Thanking you in advance!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw, I stumbled across your blog.. nice blog you have filled with cool pictures!

    Btw, let's follow each other. I'm following you
    already. I'm your #6 follower. Followed me back?
    I will be happy if you do the same to me, too!
    Thanks!

    http://momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Topshop's for the craveworthy color combos (everything I want to wear for spring!) and Monsoon's for those gorgeous vintage silhouettes...So feminine and pretty...Great picks, thanks for sharing!

    xo-Julie

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I simply adore this post! I love the window shop! Your selections are just perfect!!! You have a great blog, I am now following!!! Maybe you'll have time to visit my blog:)

    Kisses,
    Annabelle
    http://vivaluxury.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. M&S home looks soooooo goooood!!

    I'll have to snap a pic of Jamie Oliver's Recipease - he always has some amazing displays.

    and Katie, I got locked out of my blog!! All sorted now though, but I'm shifting over to another account (which hopefully should be safe). Will let you know when it's properly up and running!!

    (also - love this polka dot background!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello dearest,

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your kind words!

    Kisses,
    Annabelle
    http://vivaluxury.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...